Value of a DNSSEC validating resolver

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Fri Dec 1 21:13:58 UTC 2023

At first glance, the concept of a validating resolver seemed like a good
idea. But in practice, it is turning out to be a hassle.

I'm starting to think, "If my clients want their answers validated, they
should do it." If they *really* care about the quality of the answers
they get, why should my clients be trusting *me* to validate them?

Can someone make a good case to me for continuing to perform DNSSEC
validation on my central resolvers?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration