Recursive client query rate-limiting

Ben Bridges bbridges at springnet.net
Wed Aug 30 17:41:35 UTC 2023

Hi,

Is there a BIND configuration option that would limit the number of recursive client buffers/structures that any single client can consume on a BIND server at a time?  I.e., any single client could only consume (say) 10 recursive client buffers at a time, and if the client sends another (unique) recursive query while it is already consuming 10 recursive client buffers, the server would drop the new request (or send a SERVFAIL response).  I know about the Recursive Client Rate Limiting (fetches-per-server, fetches-per-zone) and clients-per-query, those aren't what I'm asking about.

Thanks,

.Ben Bridges.