Is it possible to move a zone between catalogs on the same secondary? It is.

Jan-Piet Mens list at mens.de
Fri Apr 21 16:32:24 UTC 2023

>And yes, you can automate this with nsupdate to old and new catalog,

Brilliant, Petr, thank you.

I saw some of the loviest log messages this week during coo from k-catz to
t-catz:

	zone t-catz/IN: transferred serial 10: TSIG 't'
	catz: t-catz: reload start
	catz: updating catalog zone 't-catz' with serial 10
	catz: deleting zone 'z10.aa' from catalog 'k-catz' - success
	catz: adding zone 'z10.aa' from catalog 't-catz' - success
	catz: t-catz: reload done: success
	catz: catz_delzone_cb: zone 'z10.aa' deleted
	zone z10.aa/IN: Transfer started.
	zone z10.aa/IN: transferred serial 1: TSIG 't'

The spec says:

	"The old owner may remove the member zone containing the coo property
	 from $OLDCATZ once it has been established that all its consumers have
	 processed the Change of Ownership."

however, when I stop and restart the consumer server, I have sometimes (not always) seen

	catz: catz_addmodzone_cb: zone 'z10.aa' will not be added because another catalog zone already contains an entry with that zone

which is true, but it doesn't _seem_ to cause issues.

Once I remove the offending zone from the 'giving' catalog, the diagnostic
doesn't reappear.

All this is with today's git version.

Best regards,

	-JP