RPZ zone response delay time ?

Nick Tait nick at tait.net.nz
Wed Apr 12 22:36:15 UTC 2023

On 8/04/2023 4:27 am, Jason Vas Dias wrote:
>    I have converted the excellent hosts file at
>      https://someonewhocares.org/hosts/
>    to a Response Policy Zone (RPZ) file served by my
>    local named that ends:
>
> *.google-analytics.com A 0.0.0.0
> *.clarity.ms A 0.0.0.0
> *.adtelligent.com A 0.0.0.0
>
>    (there are over 15,000 entries in it).

Hi Jason.

I'm doing something similar myself, although it looks like you've gone
one step further with the inclusion of wildcards (i.e. "*") in the RPZ?

The other notable difference in my case is that my RPZ results in
NXDOMAIN (i.e. same as suggested by Evan Hunt) rather than returning a
bogus IP address.

FWIW I haven't experienced any issues with youtube, so I wonder whether
one of these differences could be the cause of your CPU usage issue?

Nick.