Dig -x +trace?

Crist Clark cjc+bind-users at pumpky.net
Fri Sep 30 05:19:17 UTC 2022

Also should point out that when you do a +trace, your /etc/resolv.conf is
irrelevant since dig is going to try to figure things out from the root on
its own.

The fact you were careful to talk about your resolv.conf signals that you
may not be troubleshooting whatever you think you are.

What is the real problem here?