BINd9 Server for Public Website

JAHANZAIB SYED aacable at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 23 13:17:03 UTC 2022

I am trying to get some basic ideas on dns/hosting.

I have purchased a public domain e.g: example.com & the hosting provider have given me with cpanel access where I can add my dns records using cpanel zone editor.

I want to use my own BIND9 dns server instead of hosting provider DNS server. I have configured BIND9 DNS (on my public IP like 1.1.1.1) & created all records like www/mx/few hosts. , test resolving is working as expected from my test pc.

How can I use my dbin9 authoritative DNS as my public domain primary dns? example If I change the primary NS on hosting provider Cpanel section and and point its NS to to 1.1.1.1 (my bind9) , will all resolving for example.com will be done via my BIND9 server?
<http://pk.linkedin.com/pub/syed-jahanzaib/24/3b/407>
<http:///>

Regard's
SJZ