FORMERR responses after upgrading resolver from 9.16 to 9.18.8

Hugo Salgado hsalgado at nic.cl
Fri Oct 21 12:04:38 UTC 2022

> > On 21 Oct 2022, at 12:23, Ondřej Surý <ondrej at isc.org> wrote:
> >
> > What you are really saying that we should dance how tech giants whistle, and I don’t think succumbing to tech giants is a good strategy long term.
>
> Not at all and I agree with you.
>
> But tell your customer that their email message didn’t arrive on time because the recipient has a misconfigured DNS server and
> try to explain to them that, yes, Google resolved it successfully but you are working for the common good.

But wasn't it exactly the idea with the 2019 DNS Flag Day campaign?
  http://www.dnsflagday.net/2019/

I see Google's name there, so I would expect their commitment to refuse
to solve incorrect domains. They do a skinny favor to all the Internet
by returning to the workarounds, and blaming those who do well (as
Bind 9.18)

Hugo