Thread handling

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Tue Oct 4 21:39:07 UTC 2022

On Tue, Oct 04, 2022 at 05:28:59PM +0000, Hamid Maadani wrote:
> Back to DLZs, I see that they are removed from the configure.ac Are
> they supposed to be built individually now, and not from the main
> build system?

DLZ drivers used to be linked directly into named at compile time,
that's what was in configure.ac.

Later we added dlopen-able DLZ modules, which are built separately
and linked in at runtime (see contrib/dlz/modules and subdirectories).

For a long time both methods were available but in (I think?) 9.18 we
finally removed the old-style drivers.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.