Migrating to dnssec-policy - existing "stack" of future keys ?

vom513 vom513 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:53:51 UTC 2022

Hello,

I’m wanting to go ahead and look at migrating to dnssec-policy for my zones.  I currently use “auto-dnssec maintain” and “inline-signing yes”.  I also have a “stack” of ZSKs I made that all nicely overlap with their various date settings.  I think I made these out to sometime in 2024.

In addition to all the info here:

https://kb.isc.org/docs/dnssec-key-and-signing-policy

Do I need to / should I do something to this stack of keys ?  I was thinking maybe take the most “current” key, and remove his expiration etc.  Then (after a backup of course), delete the other future keys ?

In other words, I can’t imagine I’d want to mix the “old way” of managing these / rollovers with the new.

Hopefully this makes sense.  Thanks for any guidance or insight.