automatic reverse and forwarding zones

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon Nov 7 16:53:27 UTC 2022

> I'm afraid that this problem can become really huge when someone creates
> huge amount of generated records, e.g.  using proposed module.

Even if BIND's cache is simply FIFO -- which I'm fairly certain that
it's smarter than that -- and flushes a less garbage record in favor of
a more garbage record, then BIND will do what it's designed to do the
next time someone queries for the less garbage record, namely it will go
fetch it and cache it.

It will effectively be the same as if it never had the less garbage
record in cache like if it is from a cold start.

It will be a small delay.  But it won't negatively impact the stability
or operation of BIND.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die