Reverse lookups not working when Internet connection failed.

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon Nov 7 03:08:40 UTC 2022

On 11/6/22 11:12 AM, Carl Byington via bind-users wrote:
> or use $clientname.66.136.193.in-addr.arpa. as the intermediate zone
> which has a slight advantage when the same client has multiple disjoint
> parts of the same /24.

I find that $CLIENTNAME or some other stand in for the client is a
potential for information lek.

There is nothing inherent in the CNAME to non-identifying RNAMEs that
leaks any client identifying information.

Conversely the client is in charge of what information they put in the
sub-zone, so it's not the ISP leaking client identifying information.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die