Reverse lookups not working when Internet connection failed.

Fred Morris m3047 at m3047.net
Fri Nov 4 16:03:44 UTC 2022

Not enough information is provided about how your PTR zone is configured
to allow anyone to provide a definitive answer. (Is this nonroutable
space? Where are the machines located? Are they talking directly to the
auth servers or are there recursives in the resolution path?)

On Fri, 4 Nov 2022, David Carvalho via bind-users wrote:
> Reverse (PTR) Dns queries about my.domain from my.domain didn't work. Now
> that the internet connection is restored, everything is ok.

Overall I'm unsurprised.

You can put PTR records in a Response Policy Zone as a mitigation or for
more advanced purposes.

--

Fred Morris, internet plumber