Primary zone not fully maintained by BIND

Tony Finch fanf at isc.org
Mon May 23 13:48:24 UTC 2022

Sandro <lists at penguinpee.nl> wrote:

> I was notified this morning by my registrar, that validation of my zone
> records failed. Upon inspection, it turned out that only the SOA record was
> still up to date. A AAAA and MX al returned RRSIG expired.

Yuck, that's painful.

> Since I want to avoid this happening again, I would like to understand what
> went wrong.

The place I would look first is the log messages from `named`: is it
complaining about anything?

One of the things I have to take care with (because I have got it wrong
several times!) is filesystem permissions: can `named` read the .private
keys? can it read and write to the zone files? can it read and write to
the directories containing the keys and the zone files?

--
Tony Finch  <fanf at isc.org>  (he/they)  Cambridge, England
Rattray Head to Berwick upon Tweed: Variable, mainly south, 2 to 4,