AW: High memory consumption in bind 9.18.2

Klaus Darilion klaus.darilion at nic.at
Thu May 19 11:26:24 UTC 2022

Hi Petr!

Thanks for the commands. But it seems I do not need them. I have updated 2 of our RcodeZero nameservers and on both servers the memory consumption is now lower than it was with 9.16. So I am not sure any more if memory was the problem why we went back to 9.16. I will check again in a few days.

Meanwhile I think the problem with 9.18 was a different one: we use bind as "distribution" name server with several hughe zones. So XFR from customer in, and XRF out to 20+ slaves. When we upgraded to 9.18, suddenly the slaves (Bind, Nsd...) needed longer to update their zones. As we did not had time to investigate we went back to 9.16 and suddenly slaves updated fast again. If this is still an issue we will see when we upgrade our distribution master to 9.18 and if yes, I will start another thread.

Thanks
Klaus