wrong path for geoip-directory

MAYER Hans Hans.Mayer at iiasa.ac.at
Tue May 17 07:49:31 UTC 2022

Dear Mark,

many thanks for your hint again.
 —-with-geoip=yes does not exist, but  --enable-geoip does.
Based on you suggestion I tested different possibilities, finally
'--with-maxminddb=auto‘
did do the trick.

Kind regards
Hans

—

On 17.05.2022, at 02:58, Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org<mailto:marka at isc.org>> wrote:

Did you try re-running configure with ‘--with-maxminddb=/usr’ and then recompiling?

What does 'named -V’ report when you do this?

again a missing /

  geoip-directory:      usr/share/GeoIP

--with-maxminddb is used to find the header (include) files, the library and the database.  These should all be relative to a common prefix which is what you specify.

You also missed the leading ‘/‘ on the path when you ran configure previously as it is not in the path reported below.  This all said you should be able just specify —-with-geoip=yes and configure will figure out the rest.

No, I didn’t. I gave an absolute path with a leading /
But -V didn’t show it.
As I said, „auto“ is the right option.

Mark