Problem resolving a domain

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Fri May 13 13:16:23 UTC 2022

Hi,

Thanks for the hints!

It does indeed work with these settings.

The problem is also that google and quad9 and most of the rest of the internet seem to be able to resolve it.

While I investigated this issue, I came around a posting from one or two years ago where similar problems with Barclays were reported.

And now, because I already spent too much time on this, I did a little digging and found a few job descriptions on their site:

https://search.jobs.barclays/job/knutsford/network-connectivity-engineer/13015/26345992688

So, they use Infoblox and F5 - though I guess the problem is more with the firewall before these products…

Funnily enough, this problem was a reported to us by an entity (a subsidiary of our company) that uses Infoblox.

I’m half-tempted to contact them so they can contact Barclays - but likely neither side is going to bother - because „It works with Google-DNS“.