Determining Which Authoritative Sever to Use

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed May 11 20:34:31 UTC 2022

On 5/11/22 2:19 PM, Bob Harold wrote:
> Not sure who set it up, but my DHCP servers have for some zones:
>
> zone x.y.z.in-addr.arpa
> {
>      primary 10.2.3.4;
> }

I'm assuming that is BIND's named.conf syntax.

> Which I believe overrides the MNAME lookup.

Doesn't that just tell BIND where to initiate a zone transfer from?

I didn't think that it altered the zone contents in any way.

Aside:  I'm not connecting the dots of what this has to do with the
larger conversation, /unless/ you are thinking that it alters the zone
contents or at least what's returned to clients querying this DNS server.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die