Hell breaks loose in the afternoon with format error from X.X.X.X#53 resolving ./NS: non-improving referral

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Fri May 6 10:51:18 UTC 2022

> On 6. 5. 2022, at 12:24, Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm at ipinc.net> wrote:
>
> You got caught in the crossfire of that particular war.

Nah, it was just crappy implementation and somebody at Cisco  not understanding the RFC. I remember that - at my previous job we had a ticket opened with them about this particular issue. They were crippling the TTL to 0 in the wrong direction.

Ondřej
--
Ondřej Surý — ISC (He/Him)

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.