Hell breaks loose in the afternoon with format error from X.X.X.X#53 resolving ./NS: non-improving referral

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Fri May 6 10:21:33 UTC 2022

On 5/5/2022 11:19 PM, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> writes:
>

> How about configuring forwarder(s) if you have to operate a resolver in
> such an environment?  Hoping that the answer from the intercepting
> server isn't too different from what you'd expect from a forwarder.

In my environment, I'm operating 3 nameservers authoritative for a bunch
of domains.  If it's crapping what I'm pulling in from outside it's
probably crapping what I'm sending to the rest of the world.

However the real reason for me?  The real reason is  _I_ pay _them_ for
connectivity.  Therefore _they_ give it to me the way _I_ want, not the
way _they_ want.  I have the gold, and he who has the gold makes the rules.

As for the hotel scenario simple answer there.  Never stay at that hotel
again and inform them as to why.  Why do people insist on rewarding
poor service with money?

Ted