success resolving xxx after disabling EDNS

Greg Choules gregchoules+bindusers at googlemail.com
Wed May 4 12:34:00 UTC 2022

Hi Veronique.
Every DNS server should support EDNS by now. It has been around for a very
long time. Even if it doesn't support EDNS it should ignore it.

I made some test queries and packet captures to 23.82.12.28. Whatever this
box is, please talk to the manufacturer about EDNS support.
Or.. it may be that some network infrastructure - firewalls are usually the
first place to look - is blocking this traffic.

Whatever is happening at the authoritative end, it needs to be fixed. All
modern recursive servers will use EDNS.

Cheers, Greg