Bind and systemd-resolved

Nick Tait nick at tait.net.nz
Mon May 2 20:41:52 UTC 2022

On 2/05/2022 8:13 pm, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>> you want 127.0.0.1 act as your resolver no matter what
>>
>> Well, not always... If your local BIND service isn't a recursive
>> resolver
>
> irrelevant in context of this topic and worth exactly the same as
> saying "if you don't use bind at all" and honestly i don't get why you
> responed to that thread nearly a week later at all
>
> below again the thread start and it's irrelevant what can be in some
> completly different context when the problem here is systemd-resolved

Here's a tip for you: Often different people have the same or similar
problems, and so when answering a question on a mailing list from one
person it is useful to not only address their specific situation, but
also provide alternatives that may be applicable to the same problem in
slightly different contexts. :-)

FWIW I personally avoid statements like "no matter what" because it
makes an assumption that everyone has the same goal.

Nick.