Can an RPZ record be used for a non-existed domain?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Mar 24 18:16:23 UTC 2022

On 3/24/22 10:02 AM, Carl Byington via bind-users wrote:
> I think so.

Agreed.

> Presumably to create those domains locally. Of course the rest of
> the world won't see them.
>
> 1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa    PTR     outbound.example.com.
> outbound.example.com      A       127.0.0.1

What advantage does RPZ have in this case over just hosting the
domain(s) locally?

Aside:  I've usually gotten around this specific problem via entries in
/etc/hosts.  Maybe the software is more picky than what I've run into
before.

I am a fan of RPZ and use it often.  I'm still trying to find which tool
to use in various situations.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die