Chroot Bind failed to start

Paul Amaral razor at meganet.net
Tue Mar 15 14:14:28 UTC 2022

Reindi, thanks for the explanation, I do manually edit the zones because we don’t make many DNS changes these days and I usually do named-checkzone but I missed that this time, although I did reload that problematic zone with rndc reload and saw no errors.  I do have bind restarting once a week via chron. It restarted early this morning and of course it failed to come up with no errors in the log, making it difficult to troubleshoot ☹.

Paul