Access denied Bind9

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Tue Mar 8 02:42:21 UTC 2022

You might search the list archives, as I think this came up recently...
But I think the general consensus is that you shouldn't have a server that is both authoritative AND that allows recursive queries. (Security reasons)
And if you do allow both, to limit recursive queries to internal (semi-trusted/controlled) hosts only.

The options you'll be wanting to look at are:

allow-query
allow-recursion
allow-query-cache

See the docs.

something like;
allow-recursion { local-nets; };

Where local-nets are the local subnets you want to allow recursion for - meaning you trust those hosts on those subnets more than the open internet.