9.18 behavior change for mDNS queries with dig

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Mon Jun 27 13:10:54 UTC 2022

Petr, you are going to have to tell me how to create an appropriate PCAP file. As most of this stuff works so well these days, it’s been years since I had to do any sort of packet level analysis (moved on to other things professionally) and what I knew of how to do that has long since been lost. My issue is on a small home network so very little goes wrong. The appropriate tcpdump command to get what is needed should be all I need.

--
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com