Delete/update MX record

Jan-Piet Mens list at mens.de
Mon Jun 6 11:02:36 UTC 2022

>Using nsupdate when I try to delete an MX record for a domain, I get REFSUED.

REFUSED is also reported when attempting to update a non-dynamic zone. Are you sure the zone you're trying to update is actually dynamic?

>How do I remove and replace the MX record for a domain with nsupdate?

del ownernamne. MX [rdata]

should do it. Without [rdata] all MX for the owner will be removed, but specify rdata to indicate you wish to delete just the one.

As Mark said: best demonstrate what you are doing.

	-JP