DNSSEC transition from manually signed zone to dnssec-policy "standard" failed

Mirsad Goran Todorovac mirsad.todorovac at alu.unizg.hr
Mon Jun 6 04:18:48 UTC 2022

Oops. A tutorial made me put dynamically updated zones in
/var/cache/bind (See: https://wiki.debian.org/DDNS ), and it is now
working. I could stop the BIND, move directories, and update
named.conf.local ...

Probably I would feel safer if BIND is confined in an entirely separate
namespace (at least unshare or a full-featured container) now that
9.18.x is also running DNS-over-HTTPS ...

I see an Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Docker image here:
https://hub.docker.com/r/internetsystemsconsortium/bind9, however I am
running Debian and I cannot afford a minute of downtime on our
production systems. It would prevent people from using Internet on all
of our locations. Windows 10 just doesn't know how to use the second
nameserver in DHCP list, if first is not performing well. The system
became unusable campus-wide ...

Mirsad

--
Mirsad Goran Todorovac