Probably stupid simple question...

Bruce Johnson johnson at Pharmacy.Arizona.EDU
Wed Jun 1 18:07:39 UTC 2022

 I am migrating our BIND system to a new server/BIND version, and have a question about dynamically updated zone files (we have one dynamic zone). I am just copying all the configuration and zone files to the new server, do I need to run rndc freeze before shutting down bind and moving them or will just stopping the bind service properly deal with updating the zone file? Also do I need to copy over the .jnl file when I do this or will a new one get generated as needed?

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona