Basic setup instructions

G.W. Haywood bind at jubileegroup.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 14:50:44 UTC 2022

Hi there,

On Mon, 25 Jul 2022, Gene Ammerman wrote:

> I am on a Mac running macOS 10.10 with server 5.7 and I just need to
> setup DNS for this.

Your meaning is not clear to me.  When you say

"I just need to setup DNS"

which of the following do you mean:

(a) I need applications which run on the Mac to be able to resolve
domain names so that I can for example send email and browse the Web.

(b) I need to host a DNS server of my own, which will serve requests
for information about my own domains from machines all over the planet.
I will be responsible for providing that information, for keeping both
it and the DNS server up to date, for ensuring that the host is secure,
and for the hundred and one other things a DNS administrator has to do.

(c) something else.

--

73,
Ged.