"make test" not working?

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Mon Jan 31 15:57:48 UTC 2022

Hi,

> On 31. 1. 2022, at 15:42, Josef Moellers <jmoellers at suse.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Me again ...
> I have installed the files required to build the packages on an openSUSE Tumbleweed machine. I have also added
>        --enable-developer --disable-warn-error
> to the configure options.

Why? Are you a developer? It’s wrong to have this option enabled for production builds.

> Yet "make test" fails in that it does not do anything.
> "make check" does run some tests, but finishes in ca. 3 minutes rather than the 40 minutes "make test" usually takes.
>
> The documentation still mentions "make test", so ... what am I missing?
> NB I did run
> 	bin/tests/system/ifconfig.sh up

Nobody can really help you if you don’t provide what’s wrong.  Perhaps you can start
by trying understanding what you are doing and why it is failing?

Both ‘make test’ and ‘make check’ works as expected.
`
Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)
ondrej at isc.org

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.