your mail

John W. Blue john.blue at rrcic.com
Sat Jan 15 14:46:52 UTC 2022

Not be ornery but honestly, for me, globs of text that is pasted into an email is TLDR because I cannot *do* anything with it.  So I skip it out of hand.

A real tcpdump packet capture is a file that can be loaded by wireshark and analyzed.

tcpdump -n -i <interface eg eth0> port 53 -w <filename.pcap>

One from the client and one from the server is ideal.

John