How to show run the active configuration on bind

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Jan 5 09:38:06 UTC 2022

Mik J via bind-users <bind-users at lists.isc.org> wrote:

> How can I check which variables are loaded in memory and considered as active.

As Ray said, usually it isn't ambiguous.

But there are a couple of semi-relevant tools that are worth knowing
about:

You can use `named-checkconf -p` to canonicalize your configuration (so
you don't have to chase down include files, etc.), plus the -x option
strips out secrets (TSIG keys) which is handy for tech support cases.

And the statistics channel has loads of details, some of which are
config-related. `curl http://SERVER:8053/json/v1 | gron | less` is a
good way to get an idea of what it contains.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot at dotat.at>  https://dotat.at/
Humber, Thames: Northwest 7 to severe gale 9, decreasing 5 later.