copy EDNS options to resolver response

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Feb 19 17:31:27 UTC 2022

I have a BIND9 server configured as a resolver for the local network to
forward all requests to 1.1.1.1.  Given that that 1.1.1.1 includes
(RFC8914) EDE EDNS options in it's responses, can I configure the BIND
resolver to forward those EDNS options in it's response to the client?

While I know BIND9 doesn't yet do EDE itself, I am hoping for an option
in BIND to just blindly copy whatever EDNS options it receives to it's
client.

Cheers,
b.