"make test" not working?

Josef Moellers jmoellers at suse.de
Tue Feb 1 08:04:21 UTC 2022

On 31.01.22 21:24, Evan Hunt wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 05:36:28PM +0100, Ondřej Surý wrote:
>> This works:
>>
>> $ mkdir /tmp/bind9
>> $ cd /tmp/bind9
>> $ curl -sSLO https://downloads.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.18.0/bind-9.18.0.tar.xz
>> $ tar -xJf bind-9.18.0.tar.xz
>> $ cd bind-9.18.0/
>> $ ./configure
>> $ make -j
>
> A couple of omitted steps here (easy for us to forget since we probably
> have it set up already at any given time):
>
> $ cd bin/tests/system
> $ sudo sh ifconfig.sh up
> $ cd -

Yepp, thanks, that one was already in my list/script.

My main problem with just running "configure" is that it will generate
the code in a different way as we will ship it, so I need to find out
what causes the test not to run.

I'll try to add our configure options one by one and see when the tests
stop running.

>> $ make test
>> […]
>> make[7]: Entering directory '/tmp/bind9/bind-9.18.0/bin/tests/system'
>> PASS: auth
>> […]
>> Testsuite summary for BIND 9.18.0
>> # TOTAL: 106
>> # PASS:  106
>> # SKIP:  0
>> # XFAIL: 0
>> # FAIL:  0
>> # XPASS: 0
>> # ERROR: 0
>> make[7]: Leaving directory '/tmp/bind9/bind-9.18.0/bin/tests/system’
>> […]
>> $

Josef
--