plugin_version

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Thu Dec 15 21:03:20 UTC 2022

I believe that `NS_PLUGIN_VERSION` is reserved for situations
where the **plugin** API itself changes. But I agree with you that
the current situation where the query_ctx_t struct members are
accessed directly isn't ideal.

My recommendation would be to recompile the plugin together
with each new BIND 9 version.

I am open to any suggestions, but I think the having a GitLab
issue would be a better venue to record any ideas around the
plugin system.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)
ondrej at isc.org

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.