NXDOMAIN Analysis

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:41:52 UTC 2022

The answers to both questions can probably be answered by logs
(possibly a slightly different config than my example below).  Have a
look at the manual for logging:
https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/v9_18_9/reference.html#logging-block-definition-and-usage
My guess is that you can gain insite to both of your questions by
printing logs at the appropriate severity.

logging {
  channel primary_log {
    file "/var/log/named/primary.log" versions 3 size 250k;
    severity info;
    print-time local;
  };
  category default {