parental-agents clause - IP address only ?

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at isc.org
Mon Dec 5 09:06:09 UTC 2022

'parental-agents' work the same as 'primaries'. It only supports addresses.

Listing them as domain names would technically be possible to implement,
but it requires an authoritative server to act as an resolver. Adding
resolver code to the path of an authoritative server is like crossing
the streams. It adds security risks that are unnecessary for an
authoritative server, so I'd rather not add such functionality.

Best regards,

Matthijs