Thread handling

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Wed Aug 24 07:15:35 UTC 2022

> On 24. 8. 2022, at 8:48, Evan Hunt <each at isc.org> wrote:
>
>> In the absence of that, is caching from DLZ a possible configuration
>> on a single BIND server?
>
> Not DLZ, no. And I'm not sure dyndb can be used for the cache database,
> either; do you know something about it that I don't?
>
> It would definitely be easier to *make* dyndb work for the cache;
> it has all the necessary API calls, and DLZ doesn't. But I don't
> know a way to configure it to take the place of the cache currently.
> If you do, please educate me.

I am fairly confident that any advantage from shared cache will be lost because the extra latency caused by communication with the MongoDB (or any other no-sql systems).

Perhaps, describing the use case first (why do you want to use MongoDB at all) might have the benefit of not wasting time on your end.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)
ondrej at isc.org

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.