Mailing list questions (DMARC, ARC, more?)

Alessandro Vesely vesely at tana.it
Tue Aug 23 09:04:04 UTC 2022

Hi all and list admins,

I see the list operates both From: munging and ARC sealing.  While I'm
clear about the former, I'm curious about how ARC works:

Do any subscribers trust the seal by isc.org?

In that case, do they get non-munged messages?

Are there other advantages that ARC brings about?

Otherwise, RFC9057 introduced the Author: header field.  Using it to save
the original From: would allow trusting receivers to de-munge the message
at a later stage.  I'm trying to elaborate a draft[*] to formalize such
method.  Would this list be interested in experimenting that?

Best
Ale
--

[*] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vesely-dmarc-mlm-transform/