Proxy requests but filter out IPv4 address

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Fri Aug 19 06:55:45 UTC 2022

Dear all,

I'm not sure if bind can do this, but let me explain what I would like
to do.

It is a hostname from a foreign domain, like:
test.myfritz.net

it is returning an IPv4 and IPv6 address:
host test.myfritz.net
test.myfritz.net has address 100.91.114.161
test.myfritz.net has IPv6 address 2a02:6d40:17:9dc7:e228:6dff:fe8d:1f41

The IPv4 address will not work due to carrier-nat, so only the IPv6
address would be reachable from outside.

Is there a way to configure bind that if I resolve test.myfritz.net (it
must not be under the domain myfritz.net, but can also be in a way
aliased to a domain I own) that it only returns the IPv6 address but
totally skip the IPv4 address?
The IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are not permanent and change at least once a
day.

Gruß
Matthias

Rich Cook