isc python module

Tony Finch fanf at isc.org
Tue Aug 16 15:31:04 UTC 2022

BÖSCH Christian <boesch at fhv.at> wrote:
> "White, Peter" <pwhite at penguinrandomhouse.com> wrote:
> >
> > I don’t mean to hijack the thread, but I think this is related. I also
> > use the BIND python modules. In particular, I'm using it to update my
> > catalog zones as described here: https://kb.isc.org/docs/aa-01401
>
> Yes, I'm using that too and wondering how to do that in 9.18 without the
> isc module and in near future without the rndc protocol.

Instead of the isc.rndc module, you can use the subprocess module to
invoke the rndc command.

The RNDC protocol is not going away and it is not likely to change any
time soon, so the old isc.rndc module should continue to work. But it's
easier to use the command line program.

--
Tony Finch  <fanf at isc.org>  (he/they)  Cambridge, England
Berwick upon Tweed to Whitby: North 4 to 6. Slight or moderate,