bind-users Digest, Vol 4031, Issue 3

Peter pmc at citylink.dinoex.sub.org
Tue Aug 2 17:18:28 UTC 2022

On Tue, Aug 02, 2022 at 11:54:02AM -0400, Timothe Litt wrote:
!
! On 02-Aug-22 11:09, bind-users-request at lists.isc.org wrote:
!
! > | Before your authoritative view, define a recursive view with the internal
! > ! zones defined as static-stub, match-recursive-only "yes",  and a
! > ! server-address of localhost.
! >
! > Uh? Why before?
!
! Because each request attempts to match the views in order.  You want the
! stub view to match recursive requests.  The non-RD requests will fall thru
! to the internal zone and get the authoritative data.

Ahh, I see. But this does not work so well for me, because I have the
public authoritative server also in the same process. And from the
Internet will come requests with RD flag set, and these must get a
REFUSED ("recursion desired but not available").

So I considered it too dangerous to select views depending on the RD
flag being present or not, and resolve this with a slightly different
ordering of the views.

-- PMc