Bind 9.11/RHEL7 Server Freezes FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE

Timothe Litt litt at acm.org
Tue Aug 2 09:59:35 UTC 2022

On 01-Aug-22 18:29, Grant Taylor wrote:
> On 8/1/22 4:21 PM, Greg Choules via bind-users wrote:
>> Off the top of my head, could it be this?
>>
>> random-device

>> BIND will need a good source of randomness for crypto operations.
>
> Drive by plug:  If it is lack of entropy, try installing and running
> Haveged.  At least as a troubleshooting aid.

Or my favorite: entropybroker + a hardware entropy source (or two).
There are USB keys; I currently use a RPi (cpu has a hardware source);
recent Intel CPUs also have one.  If you use multiple sources, you don't
have to worry about one being defective/compromised...

Timothe Litt
ACM Distinguished Engineer
if any, on the matters discussed.