Bind 9.11/RHEL7 Server Freezes FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE

Greg Choules gregchoules+bindusers at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 1 22:21:04 UTC 2022

Hi Peter.
Off the top of my head, could it be this?

random-device

The source of entropy to be used by the server. Entropy is primarily needed
for DNSSEC operations, such as TKEY transactions and dynamic update of
signed zones. This options specifies the device (or file) from which to
read entropy. If this is a file, operations re- quiring entropy will fail
when the file has been exhausted. If not specified, the default value
is /dev/random
(or equivalent) when present, and none otherwise. The random- device option
takes effect during the initial configuration load at server startup time
and is ignored on subsequent reloads.

BIND will need a good source of randomness for crypto operations.

Cheers, Greg