DNSSEC signing of an internal zone gains nothing (unless??)

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Mon Aug 1 18:40:00 UTC 2022

Don’t mix functions - separate your recursive and your authoritative (internal) servers. Then you can have the AD from the resolver.

That said, the AD from the resolver means something only if the last mile is trusted.

But DNSSEC also asserts the integrity of the zone in case it’s transferred to secondaries, or provided by a secure signing system, etc…

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý — ISC (He/Him)

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.