DNSSEC signing of an internal zone gains nothing (unless??)

John W. Blue john.blue at rrcic.com
Mon Aug 1 18:25:40 UTC 2022

Keep in mind that the discussion is limited to an internal zone only.  Running authoritative and recursive at the same time cannot be labeled as a “terribly bad practice”:

https://kb.isc.org/docs/bind-best-practices-recursive

“administrators may, for convenience, choose to serve some internal-only zones authoritatively from their recursive servers”

John