High memory consumption in bind 9.18.2

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Mon Aug 1 18:23:17 UTC 2022

> On 1. 8. 2022, at 20:05, Dmitri Pavlov <dpavlov at perforce.com> wrote:
> The records generation part is different though , using shell script basically.  Unique IPs were linked with unique CNAMEs.

I would need the exact algorithm how did you generate the zones.

BTW using shell for this takes ages. Generating zone with the Python is several magnitudes faster.

But first, try the same scenario on RHEL 9 (or any other current clone). There might be some better/smarter struct packing in more recent compiler or something like that.

> The build process is very simple for all components: download -> configure -> make -> make install. All default values.

I’ll try that. I have a custom script that tweaks some values (you can see that in the log snippets I sent).

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý — ISC (He/Him)

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.