Bind and systemd-resolved

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Fri Apr 22 10:36:48 UTC 2022

systemd-resolved is broken in many ways. I doubt it can forward
correctly TSIG or SIG(0). If you have a proper DNS server running on
your machine, there is not many reasons to run also systemd-resolved. If
you need it, I suggest to write fixed /etc/resolv.conf pointing to
127.0.0.1 or ::1. Consider chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf afterwards. Do not
use stub resolver provided by systemd if you have better caching server
running on the same machine. I would even recommend to uninstall it on
Fedora, where it is possible. Unless you use mdns on selected networks
only, I don't think systemd-resolved provides you any benefit.

systemd-resolved strips in default configuration even DNSSEC signatures.
I would doubt it can handle key signatures or even updates.

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer
email: pemensik at redhat.com
PGP: DFCF908DB7C87E8E529925BC4931CA5B6C9FC5CB