How to allow recursion on my own (cross) domains only after upgrade to 9.16.27 (lack of additional-from-auth option) ?

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Mon Apr 18 08:08:45 UTC 2022

Unless you are pointing recursive clients directly at your authoritative servers there is no need. The recursive servers will lookup the CNAME target themselves. Additionally recursive servers just process the CNAME and ignore the rest of the response to prevent cache poisoning if there is more there.

--
Mark Andrews