Reminder: BIND 9.11 is going EOL in March 2022

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Tue Apr 5 16:37:33 UTC 2022

On 1/26/2022 9:09 AM, Victoria Risk wrote:
> For those using the ISC BIND packages:
>
> Because we are still patching 9.11, and we haven’t yet issued a new
> development branch, we are putting 9.18.0 into the bind-dev
> repositories, for now.
>
> In April, we plan to do a version rollover:
> - bind-esv will go from 9.11 to 9.16
> - bind will go from 9.16 to 9.18
> - bind-dev will go from 9.18.1 to 9.19.0
>
> BIND 9.19.0 will be the new development branch.

We've reached April, 2022. I expect, in the next 30-days or so, we'll be
seeing an announcement regarding the change of contents of bind-esv,
bind, and bind-dev

Is it reasonable to expect these changes will occur in about the middle
of the month?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration